Glass handling crane
Glass is one of the most versatile and frequently used materials which are widely used in the applications of lighting, optical, food and beverage, packaging, construction, and other many numerous applications in our daily life. Due to the diversity of glass applications, glass processing and handling may go through the procedures of polishing, bending, and drilling to grinding, laminating, cutting and others, etc.
Types of industrial cranes and hoists are widely used for reliable and efficient glass lifting and handling in various applications such as, in the glass processing plants and other related manufacturing plants and factories, such as PVC windows and doors manufacturing, glass whole sale, and other glass related applications, etc.
Requirements for glass handling overhead cranes
The key requirements for a glass handling overhead crane are essential to ensure the safe and efficient handling of glass sheets. These requirements take into account the delicate and heavy nature of glass and aim to prevent damage during lifting, transporting, and placement. Here are the key requirements for a glass handling overhead crane:
- Smooth and Precise Movement: The crane's controls should allow for smooth and precise movement to prevent sudden jolts or shifts that could lead to glass breakage. Smooth acceleration and deceleration are crucial when handling delicate glass.
- Safety Features: Safety is paramount when handling glass. The crane should be equipped with safety features such as overload protection, emergency stop buttons, and safety interlocks to prevent accidents and ensure safe operations.
- Controlled Speeds: The crane should have variable speed control to allow for slow and controlled movements, especially when approaching the final position for glass placement.
- Anti-Sway Technology: To minimize swinging and swaying of the glass sheets during lifting and movement, some modern glass handling cranes come equipped with anti-sway technology. This feature helps stabilize the load and improves precision.
- Visibility and Lighting: Proper lighting and visibility are crucial when handling glass, especially in low-light conditions or indoor settings. Well-lit work areas reduce the risk of accidents and help operators handle the glass with greater care.
- Specialized Attachments: Glass handling overhead cranes should be equipped with specialized attachments, such as vacuum or suction cups. These attachments create a secure vacuum seal on the glass surface, providing a firm grip during lifting and movement.
- Remote Control Option: Some glass handling overhead cranes offer remote control options, allowing operators to have a better vantage point and improve precision during glass handling.
- Load Positioning Aids: Glass handling cranes may come equipped with load positioning aids, such as cameras or laser guides, to assist operators in accurately positioning the glass sheets.
By adhering to these key requirements, companies can ensure that their glass handling overhead cranes are well-suited for the task, minimize the risk of accidents or damage, and improve overall efficiency during glass transportation and installation processes.
Type of industrial cranes for glass lifting and crane handling
For the various glass applications, there are types of industrial hoists and cranes are designed and processed to meet the different applications and requirements for the indoor glass handling and glass lifting.
Indoor overhead travelling crane for glass handling
Overhead bridge travelling cranes
The overhead travelling bridge cranes are usually adopted to handle the glass pallets with capacity up to 5 ton. With a vacuum lifter, the overhead travelling crane also can be adopted for the glass lifting and glass handling with a capacity from 500 kg to 2 tons in indoor workshops and warehouses, etc. Customized industrial overhead cranes are available for specific glass handling applications and glass lifting requirements.
Electric chain hoist
Electric chain hoists mounted on hook, lug, manual or electric hoist trolley for types of electric chain hoist cranes with capacity of 500kg, 5 ton, 10 ton, 32 ton.
Electric wire rope hoist
Types of wire rope hoists designs for overhead hoist cranes- explosion-proof cable hoist, low profile wire hoist & single & double girder hoists for your hoist cranes.
1 ton -10 ton underhung bridge crane, light single girder overhead crane design, suspended on overhead roof, free floor space, economical underhung crane.
FEN standard open winch crane
FEM/ DIN open winch bridge crane-European standard double girder overhead crane with open winch trolley, your heavy duty winch crane up to 320 ton.
Bridge Cranes with Vacuum Lifters:
Introduction: Bridge cranes are one of the most common types of overhead cranes used in the glass industry. When equipped with vacuum lifters, they become an excellent solution for handling glass sheets and products.
- Bridge cranes are overhead cranes with a horizontal beam (bridge) that runs along parallel runways. The bridge can move along the runways, and the trolley, which carries the vacuum lifter, moves along the bridge.
- Vacuum lifters are attached to the trolley, and they use vacuum suction cups to grip and lift glass sheets.
- Provides full coverage of the working area, allowing efficient movement and positioning of glass sheets.
- Vacuum lifters offer secure and damage-free handling of glass products.
- Suitable for various glass applications, including installation, manufacturing, and transportation.
- Load capacity depends on the bridge crane's specifications and the vacuum lifter's capabilities.
- May require a smooth and clean glass surface for optimal suction.
Typical Applications/Loads Handling:
- Installation of glass windows, facades, and doors in construction projects.
- Moving glass sheets in manufacturing and processing facilities.
- Handling glass panels for architectural and decorative purposes.
Articulating Glass Manipulators:
Introduction: Articulating glass manipulators, also known as knuckle boom manipulators, are versatile lifting devices specifically designed for handling glass sheets in confined spaces or areas with obstacles.
- Articulating manipulators consist of multiple interconnected segments, similar to the motion of a human arm.
- The segments allow the manipulator to reach around obstacles, making it ideal for handling glass in tight spaces.
- Increased flexibility and maneuverability in challenging environments.
- Precise positioning of glass sheets in confined or complex installation scenarios.
Limitations: Typically lower load capacity compared to bridge cranes.
Typical Applications/Loads Handling:
- Glass installation in areas with limited access or restricted spaces.
- Handling glass sheets in areas with obstacles or overhead obstructions.
Glass Furnace Charging Cranes:
Introduction: Glass furnace charging cranes are specialized overhead cranes designed for loading and unloading glass products to and from glass manufacturing furnaces.
- Heat-resistant design to withstand high temperatures near glass furnaces.
- Equipped with special lifting tools to handle hot glass products.
- Facilitates safe and efficient loading and unloading of glass products into/from glass furnaces.
- Minimizes the risk of thermal shocks or breakage due to high-temperature conditions.
Limitations: Limited to use near glass furnaces due to its specialized design.
Typical Applications/Loads Handling: Charging and discharging glass products in glass manufacturing furnaces.
These are some of the main types of glass handling overhead cranes and lifting devices used in the glass industry. Each type offers unique features and benefits, and the choice of the appropriate type depends on the specific needs and requirements of glass handling tasks. Proper training and adherence to safety protocols are crucial for safe and efficient glass handling operations.
Freestanding bridge crane
Free-standing bridge cranes are a type of self-supporting overhead crane commonly used in glass processing and manufacturing facilities.
- Self-supporting structure with floor-mounted columns.
- Horizontal bridge running along parallel runways.
- Various lifting mechanisms can be used, such as hoists, vacuum lifters, or manipulators.
- Efficient floor space utilization.
- Flexibility in installation and workstation arrangement.
- Relocation capability for changing production needs.
- Cost-effective alternative to building-supported bridge cranes.
- Lower load capacity compared to some building-supported cranes.
- Limited reach compared to larger bridge cranes.
- Glass processing: Handling glass sheets during cutting, shaping, and edging.
- Glass manufacturing: Moving glass products between production stages.
- Glass assembly: Final product staging before shipment or installation.
- Creating flexible workstations within manufacturing or processing facilities.
Jib crane & Free standing KBK cranes
The free standing kbk cranes is a type of glass handling cranes, with a porch like structure and equipped with a vacuum grip to lift the glass sheet vertically, or to rotate and turn the glass sheet to make glass lifting and handling much easier.With the feature of space-saving, stable operation, large working coverage, and labor saving, the kbk type glass handling cranes are widely used in the insulating glass line, lamination line, vertical CNC, tempering line, cutting line and others, etc.
Floor mounted slewing jib crane
Free standing jib crane-Pillar mounted jib crane is a free standing jib crane with pillar jib mounted on floor, for short & crowded lifting, capacity up to 16 ton.
Wall mounted jib crane
Wall mounted jib crane & wall bracket jib crane with I beam & tie rod design for light duty handling with capacity up 2 ton. or less building structure changes.
KBK light crane
Light crane kbk system-kbk light crane systems, flexible kbk crane & rigid kbk crane, modular crane design, cost-effective workstation crane solution, tailored light duty bridge crane.
A jib-crane is a light duty glass handling crane which is consisted of a rotating jib arm, with a running hoists or a vacuum sucker lifter suspended on the vertical jib arm for the glass lifting and glass handling as required. Types of industrial jib cranes designs are available such as, free standing pillar jib crane, wall mounted and wall travelling jib cranes, etc. Jib cranes are one of the most economical light duty material handling cranes with the features of simple structure, easy manufacturing, installation and operation, low cost,and high safety and reliability, etc. The rotation jib cranes are suitable for lifting and handling insulating glass, tempered glass, solar photovoltaic glass and other types of glass, etc.
Semi -gantry cranes/ single leg gantry cranes
The semi gantry crane is a cost-effective gantry crane with one supporting leg running on the ground rail and the other end supported on the build's supporting structure. The gantry cranes can be used for handling bundle of glass or for sheet glass handling with a glass suction lifer. Gantry cranes have a various crane designs and crane configurations, including full gantry crane, semi gantry crane, single girder gantry & double girder gantry and others for indoor and out applications. Customized gantry cranes can be used for your glass lifting and glass handling in your specific applications to improve your working efficiency, operation safety and working staff safety, etc.
Portable gantry crane
Portable gantry crane & Economical mobile gantry-250 kg - 10 ton portable gantry cranes & mobile gantry cranes with adjustable / fixed gantry for small & light material handling.
A frame gantry crane
Single girder hoist gantry cranes, FEM,DIN & ISO standards: Single beam gantry cranes, European style box girder, FEM hoists for 3 ton, 5 ton, 10 ton, & 16 ton load handling.
Double girder gantry crane
European style double girder hoist trolley gantry cranes: European type double girder gantry cranes with FEM standard wire rope hoists trolley with capacity of 5 ton up to 75 ton for sale.
Vacuum glass lifter for glass lifting and glass handling
Vacuum glass lifter or suction glass lifer is a specialized lifting device for glass lifting and glass handling, widely used for sheet glass lifting and handling in the workshops and glass wall installation outdoor. The suction glass lifters are with the feature of no cracking at 20 degrees with a high temperature resistant of 90 degrees and with the features of high safety which can automatically lock the vacuum and hold the glass for 10-15 10-15 minute when the unexpected power off happens.
Glass vacuum lifters
Glass vacuum lifters are specialized lifting devices used for handling glass sheets and products. They utilize vacuum suction cups to grip and lift glass securely, making them a popular choice for various glass handling tasks.
- Independent lifting devices with vacuum suction cups.
- Different configurations to accommodate various glass sizes and shapes.
- Equipped with safety mechanisms to maintain grip even during power loss.
- Secure and damage-free handling of glass products.
- Versatile and can be used with different types of lifting equipment.
- Improved safety with redundant vacuum circuits and alarms for low vacuum levels.
- Load capacity may be limited by the size and strength of vacuum lifters.
- Requires a smooth and clean glass surface for optimal suction.
- Glass installation in construction projects.
- Moving glass sheets in manufacturing and processing facilities.
- Handling glass panels for architectural and decorative purposes.
- Transporting glass products during shipping and delivery.
With vacuum glass lifter, our material handling cranes not only can lift glass up down but also can help to rotate and turn the glass over to make the handling of glass much easier and efficient. At the same time, the using of vacuum glass lifter can help to lower risks of glass damages and personal injuries to enhance safety for your staffs and glass.
Industrial glass handling cranes for your applications
For the various glass applications, we can offer types of industrial hoists and glass handling cranes which are designed and processed to meet the different applications and requirements for glass handling and glass lifting. Contact us to get your tailored glass handling cranes for your specific application to improve working efficiency and enhance safety for glass and for all your staffs.
Applications of Glass Handling Cranes:
- Glass handling cranes play a vital role in the manufacturing of glass products. They are extensively used to move raw materials such as glass sheets, sand, and other components within the production facility. Additionally, these cranes facilitate the transportation of glass products between different stages of the manufacturing process. They also handle glass molds and tools used in shaping and forming glass during production. Furthermore, glass handling cranes are responsible for the loading and unloading of glass products onto conveyors or storage areas.
- Typical industrial Overhead Cranes Used: Bridge Cranes, Free-Standing Bridge Cranes. Glass handling bridge cranes, including traditional bridge cranes and free-standing bridge cranes, are commonly used for material handling in glass manufacturing. They facilitate the movement of raw materials, glass sheets, molds, and tools within the production facility.
- In the glass processing phase, cranes designed for glass handling are indispensable. They assist in various critical tasks, including cutting, edging, shaping, and tempering glass sheets. These cranes enable the movement of glass sheets to different workstations, ensuring smooth and efficient processing operations. Moreover, glass handling cranes are involved in handling glass products during quality control inspections, ensuring that the final products meet the required standards.
- Typical Industrial Overhead Cranes Used: Bridge Cranes, Jib Cranes. Bridge cranes and jib cranes are essential for glass processing operations. Bridge cranes assist in transporting glass sheets during cutting, edging, shaping, and tempering processes. Jib cranes provide rotational movement and are used to move glass sheets to different workstations during processing.
- One of the primary applications of glass handling cranes is in the installation of glass products in various architectural and construction projects. They are extensively used to install glass windows, doors, and facades with precision and safety. These cranes are also employed for positioning glass panels for intricate architectural features and artistic installations, providing accurate alignment and aesthetics.
- Typical Industrial Overhead Cranes Used: Bridge Cranes, Vacuum Glass Lifting Cranes. Bridge cranes, equipped with vacuum glass lifting systems, are indispensable for installing glass windows, doors, and facades in construction projects. The combination of bridge cranes with vacuum lifters ensures precise and safe glass placement during installation.
- Glass handling cranes play a significant role in the transportation of glass products within and outside the production facility. They are instrumental in loading and unloading glass products onto trucks or containers for safe transportation to construction sites or customers. These cranes are particularly useful for handling large and heavy glass sheets between storage areas and processing facilities. Additionally, they ensure efficient and safe handling of glass products during shipment to distribution centers or retail outlets.
- Typical Overhead Cranes Used: Bridge Cranes, Vacuum Glass Lifting Cranes
Bridge cranes, along with vacuum glass lifting systems, are used for loading and unloading glass products onto trucks or containers for transportation to construction sites or customers. They ensure safe and efficient handling during glass transportation.
- Glass handling cranes are involved in the recycling of glass materials. They assist in the movement of glass cullet (crushed glass) for recycling processes. Moreover, these cranes are responsible for transporting recycled glass materials for reuse, contributing to sustainable glass manufacturing practices.
- Typical Industrial Overhead Cranes Used: Bridge Cranes. Bridge cranes are utilized in glass recycling processes to handle glass cullet (crushed glass). They assist in the movement and transportation of recycled glass materials for reuse.
- In the glassware manufacturing industry, cranes designed for glass handling are used to streamline production processes. They are employed in handling glass bottles, containers, and glassware during various stages of manufacturing. Additionally, these cranes play a significant role in moving glass products for packaging and storage.
- Typical Industrial Overhead Cranes Used: Bridge Cranes. Bridge cranes are commonly used in glassware manufacturing facilities for material handling and movement of glass bottles, containers, and glassware during various stages of production.
Automotive Glass Production:
- Glass handling cranes are crucial in the automotive industry, particularly in the production of automotive glass products. They assist in the safe and efficient handling of automotive glass, including windshields, side windows, and rear windows, during manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Typical Industrial Overhead Cranes Used: Bridge Cranes, Glass Laminating Cranes. Bridge cranes and specialized glass laminating cranes are essential in the automotive industry for handling automotive glass products, including windshields, side windows, and rear windows, during manufacturing and assembly processes.
Solar Panel Manufacturing:
- In the solar energy sector, glass handling cranes are used to transport glass sheets used in solar panel production. They play a vital role in assisting the assembly and handling of solar panels, contributing to the renewable energy industry.
- Typical Industrial Overhead Cranes Used: Bridge Cranes. Bridge cranes play a significant role in the solar energy sector by transporting glass sheets used in solar panel production. They also assist in the assembly and handling of solar panels.
Glass Repair and Replacement:
- For glass repair and replacement tasks, glass handling cranes are instrumental in lifting and replacing damaged or broken glass panels in buildings and vehicles. These cranes ensure precise positioning and safe handling during repair and replacement operations.
- Typical Industrial Overhead Cranes Used: Bridge Cranes, Vacuum Glass Lifting Cranes. Bridge cranes, along with vacuum glass lifting systems, are employed for glass repair and replacement tasks. They provide the necessary lifting capabilities to lift and replace damaged or broken glass panels in buildings and vehicles.
Art and Sculpture Installations:
- Glass handling cranes are also utilized in art and sculpture installations. They provide the necessary lifting capabilities to install artistic glass pieces and sculptures with accuracy and care.
- Typical Industrial Overhead Cranes Used: Articulating Glass Manipulator Bridge Cranes.Articulating glass manipulator bridge cranes are used in art and sculpture installations, providing precise glass handling and installation of artistic glass pieces and sculptures.
In conclusion, glass handling cranes find diverse applications in various industries, including glass manufacturing, processing, installation, transportation, recycling, automotive, solar energy, glassware manufacturing, and more. They offer safe, efficient, and reliable solutions for handling glass sheets and products, contributing to increased productivity and the delivery of high-quality glass products in different sectors.
In conclusion, various types of overhead cranes, including bridge cranes, free-standing bridge cranes, jib cranes, vacuum glass lifting cranes, glass laminating cranes, and articulating glass manipulator bridge cranes, are employed in different glass handling applications across various industries. These cranes offer safe, efficient, and reliable solutions for handling glass sheets and products, contributing to increased productivity and the delivery of high-quality glass products in different sectors.
Cranes for glass related industrial sectors
Glass is a versatile material used in various industries and applications due to its transparency, durability, and aesthetic appeal. Some common uses of glass include:
Let's explore the types of cranes and their typical applications used in the glass-related industry sectors mentioned:
Construction and Architecture:
- Cranes: Bridge Cranes, Free-Standing Bridge Cranes, Wall-Mounted Jib Cranes
- Typical Applications: Glass installation for windows, doors, facades, skylights, and partitions during construction projects.
- Cranes: Glass Laminating Cranes
- Typical Applications: Handling and assembling automotive glass products, including windshields, side windows, and rear windows.
- Cranes: Vacuum Glass Lifting Cranes, Articulating Glass Manipulator Bridge Cranes
- Typical Applications: Precise handling of glass sheets for display screens in smartphones, TVs, and computers during manufacturing and assembly.
- Cranes: Vacuum Glass Lifters
- Typical Applications: Handling glass bottles, containers, glassware, and mirrors during production and packaging in household items manufacturing.
- Cranes: Bridge Cranes, Jib Cranes
- Typical Applications: Moving glass sheets for tabletops, shelves, and decorative pieces during furniture manufacturing.
- Cranes: Vacuum Glass Lifting Cranes
- Typical Applications: Handling glass components for light fixtures, lamps, and bulbs during production.
- Cranes: Bridge Cranes, Vacuum Glass Lifting Cranes
- Typical Applications: Transportation and positioning of glass sheets used as protective covers for solar panels during manufacturing.
- Cranes: Bridge Cranes
- Typical Applications: Handling and transporting glassware in laboratories.
Art and Decorations:
- Cranes: Articulating Glass Manipulator Bridge Cranes
- Typical Applications: Precise installation of stained glass and artistic glass pieces for decorative purposes.
In the glass-related industry sectors mentioned above, various types of cranes are utilized for different glass handling applications. Bridge cranes and free-standing bridge cranes are commonly used for material handling and glass transportation in manufacturing processes. Vacuum glass lifting cranes are employed for precise and damage-free glass handling in various industries. Articulating glass manipulator bridge cranes are used for intricate glass installation tasks in art and decorations. Proper selection and utilization of the appropriate crane type ensure safe and efficient handling of glass sheets and products, contributing to improved productivity and the delivery of high-quality glass products.